Kwi Am Choi Scholarship
In 2007 the family of talented artist Kwi Am Choi endowed the Port Moody Arts Centre Society (PMACS) with funds to create the Kwi Am Choi Scholarship Fund. The fund was established to provide encouragement and support to emerging artists between the ages of 15 and 30. The objectives of the fund are to further the skills and experiences of student artists, to expand their artistic careers, and to enable them to better promote their work. This is to be done by covering the costs of mounting a solo exhibition of their work at the Port Moody Arts Centre. In 2017, the amount of the scholarship will be $2000.
Only solo artists are eligible for this award.
At the time of application the artist must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age;
- enrolled in Fine Art programs in either a secondary school or a recognized post-secondary institution.
- considered to be an emerging artist (i.e., in the first few years of their professional development and not currently making their entire living from their artwork).
- a resident of British Columbia.
* Note: Current PMAC staff, instructors, sitting board members or their immediate family are not eligible to apply.
What the funds may be used for (to be determined by the PMAC in consultation with the artist):
- Artist's costs of mounting an Exhibition at the Port Moody Arts Centre. These costs may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of the art works, including framing.
- Transportation costs for artwork.
- Advertising and marketing costs for an exhibition.
- Opening reception, gallery fees and related administrative costs.
In the event that there are funds remaining after payment of the above, they will be paid to the artist as an artist fee.