Artist Call: From Japan to Canada | May 11 – June 8, 2017
Exhibition, events, cultural demonstrations
Deadline for submissions: April 18, 2017
Call for Submissions
Port Moody Arts Centre is celebrating Vancouver Asian Heritage Month, with exhibitions, events, and cultural demonstrations that illustrate influences and inspirations between Japanese and Canadian culture. We will include Ikebana displays and demonstrations by the Kado Sumi School, a member of the Vancouver Ikebana Association.
We are asking artists to submit pieces that would make suitable Ikebana vessels for exhibition. A few of the vessels will be selected by Mrs. Sumi to hold Ikebana displays during the exhibition.
- The Ikebana vessels may be created from clay, glass, metal or other mediums, but must be capable of holding water. Kenzan or flower frogs are not required.
- Artwork may be for sale or not for sale (NFS). The Arts Centre retains 30% of the selling price.
- Artists may submit up to 5 pieces of their work for consideration.
- All artwork must be gallery quality and ready to display. Port Moody Arts Centre reserves the right to refuse any work that doesn’t meet these qualifications.
- Upon acceptance to the exhibition there will be a $20 administrative fee.
Checklist of what to include:
- Biography (maximum 200 words)
- Up to five images of your artwork. (300 dpi, under 5 MB)
- All images must be labeled 01_ LastName_Title through 05_ LastName_Title.
- A corresponding list of artwork in an XLS or word format
- Include images, titles, media, sizes, and prices of work if for sale.
Dates to remember:
- Deadline for submissions: April 18, 2017
- Artists will receive email notification of acceptance by April 21st.
- Artwork Drop off May 5, 2017 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Opening Reception: Thursday May 11th, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Pick Up Artwork: Thursday June 9th 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
If you have questions or need additional information please email Janice Cotter, Gallery Manager